Varicose veins in pregnancy . Varicose veins are an aesthetic and health problem. They come out with the pregnancy and then improve a little, but generally their imprint remains. To avoid varicose veins, it is best to prevent them by putting these tips into practice:
- Avoid being overweight . Gaining a lot of weight favors its appearance.
- Exercise . Walking for 30 minutes a day keeps the leg muscles in shape, and these in turn help pump blood to the heart.
- Change your posture . Avoid spending a lot of time standing or sitting. Move at short, regular intervals.
- Rest with your feet up . Place your legs higher than your hips whenever possible to rest . This favors venous return.
- Wear loose clothing . Tight clothing can impede or hinder circulation. Wear compression stockings that promote circulation and venous return from the legs.
- Don’t carry weight . Try not to lift heavy objects, or carry bags from one place to another.
- Cold water showers . Finish your daily shower with cold water. Pass the water in an upward direction to promote circulation. Hot water dilates the blood vessels.
- Cramps in pregnancy . When you feel a cramp, immediately stretch your calf muscles. Straighten your leg, heel first, and gently bend your toes back toward your shin. At first, it may hurt, but this maneuver will calm the spasm and the pain will gradually subside.
- Eat bananas . A daily banana offers you the magnesium dose you need to prevent cramps.
- Avoid pointing your toes . Stretching your legs with pointed toes can cause a cramp.
- Don’t cross your legs . When sitting or standing, avoid crossing your legs for long periods of time.
- Stretch the calf muscles . Do these stretches frequently throughout the day and several times before going to sleep.
- Ankle rotations . Circular motions with your toes when sitting, eating, or watching television can help prevent cramps.
- Walk 30 minutes a day . Exercise benefits you as long as your doctor has advised against it in your condition.
- Avoid getting too tired . Lie on the left side to improve blood flow through the vena cava, which is on the right side and carries fluid from the legs to the heart.
- Take a hot bath before bed to relax your muscles.
To relieve false contractions, it can help to change your position, take a hot bath for half an hour, or drink a cup of hot milk or tea. The massage in the lumbar can relieve pain contraction: the external pressure exerted by the massage balances the internal pressure of the baby, thereby compensating for pressure and alleviating pain